Monday, July 7, 2008

Happy 4th of July

Independence...what I find difficult as a recruiter is to determine what part of a portofolio is really yours. I always enjoy books that give me more information. What did the client want? did you do the production? the concept? did you work in photoshop or did you do the flash? I think it is important to explain what you did with the team and what you did as an individual contributor on a project. Celebrate your independence but in a creative environment you must work as a team.

1 comment:

Joselle Spinoza said...

I second this 100%! And I would add (hoping there are some Creatives reading this) that especially as people rise in the ranks, it becomes more important to highlight actual contributions on each project. Was this something you conceived and art-directed? Or were you the Creative Director here? Creatives should only know how far they go in winning people [who do the hiring] over when they credit various people on their teams, when they are specific and want us to know which portion of the project we should be judging as their work. Thanks for highlighting this aspect of Creative Recruiting, Melissa!